Friday, February 19, 2010

The Deep Lemon Fizz

Here's another custom cocktail I made while on a snowboarding / drinking weekend with my buddies. I..um..forgot I made this one. Which I'm sure had nothing to do with alcohol consumption prior. Certainly not.

This one highlights the best aspects of the ingredients: the vanilla espresso notes from the vodka are clear, but not overwhelming; the bright, sweet lemon taste brings some citrus levity to the drink; and the bitters add the...bitterness (some of this ain't rocket science, folks.)

The Deep Lemon Fizz

1.5oz Elemental Vanilla Espresso vodka
.75oz homemade limoncello
2oz club soda
2 dashes Fee's Old Fashioned Bitters
Lemon twist

Shake vodka, limoncello, and bitters with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Add club soda, then twist lemon over drink, rub rim with twist, and add to drink.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: