Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gonna Learn Me Some Booze Writin' Skillz

A couple of months ago I decided to take a cocktail blog writing class I saw mentioned on Twitter. $75, but it was in New York, and I figured I could learn something, have some quality cocktails, and then employ my newly acquired writing skills to document the whole thing.

Of course, things sometimes don't go according to plan. Two weeks before the course, I got a notice it was cancelled due to lack of interest (people probably were too hungover to remember to register). But I already had my Megabus ticket ($12 roundtrip!), and my hotel ($65 a night!), so decided to learn through experience and go anyway. Besides, that would give me more time to drin...er, do blog research.

After soliciting friends and Twitter for suggestions, set a tentative itinerary to include a couple highly regarded cocktail bars, a famous beer bar, some good eats, and some shopping. It's an ambitious agenda, but one I think I can stick to by employing some self discipline (translation: chances are extremely high the whole thing will go to hell 5 minutes after I step off the bus).

Regardless, I'll post and tweet about the whole experience as it happens. If needed, I'll let you know where to send the bail money.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: